SIERRA COLLEGE IS RECRUITING FOR
A FULL-TIME, TENURE-TRACK
POSITION DUTIES AT A GLANCE
- Teach a variety of undergraduate Chemistry courses for majors and non-majors, including both lecture and laboratory sections.
- Engage student learning through equity-minded and varied instructional techniques and learning modalities, including on ground and online instruction.
- Collaborate within the Chemistry Department on selecting texts, lab experiments, course curriculum, and in sharing ideas, best practices, lab demos that captivate and much more.
- Coordinate with the Instructional Assistants on lab schedules, laboratory prep needed, or other classroom needs they can help with.
- Participate in the campus-wide shared governance process.
- To see the full scope of duties and responsibilities, please click here.
Master’s in chemistry
Bachelor’s in chemistry or biochemistry
Master’s in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology or geochemistry
OR the equivalent
- 2019 Wonderful Workplace award at the annual Rocklin Chamber Business
- One of Aspen Institute’s Top 150 Community Colleges in the nation
- The Accrediting Commission recognized Sierra “for its exemplary practice of
providing personnel with opportunities for continued professional development in
order to meet its mission.” This includes providing students and employees with
a robust set of programs, events, and conferences related to equity-mindedness
and supporting the success of our students, etc.
- Sierra has a commitment to culturally-responsive strategies and methods, and
therefore all newly hired faculty participate in a Faculty Equity and Inclusion
- State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
- Competitive benefits package
- 175 days per year contract
About Sierra College
SIERRA COLLEGE AT A GLANCE
Sierra College is an award-winning community college located near Sacramento, California where a heavy emphasis is placed on academic excellence, equity-mindedness and student success.
Since its founding in 1936, Sierra College has focused on quality instruction and meeting the evolving needs of the students and communities it serves.
The Sierra Community College District serves over 16,000 students at our main Rocklin campus, as well as our three centers located in Grass Valley, Tahoe-Truckee, and Roseville