Contract Length: 9 month
Reports To: Department Chair, Math & Science
Position Status: Full-Time
Posted Pay Range: 45,245.00 to 67,867.00
The College of Western Idaho is committed to offering a competitive benefits package with affordable and robust benefit options:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans range from $25 – $299 per month with deductibles as low as $350!
– Premiums depend on the plan type and the number of dependents on the plan
– For more information on health insurance, including coverage details and plan summaries, visit www.OGI.Idaho.gov
• Retirement plans with employer contribution of over 11%
• Flexible Spending Account for medical and dependent care
• Employer-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance
• Eleven paid holidays per year (faculty may vary)
• Generous vacation and sick leave
• Paid Parental Leave
• Tuition discount on classes at CWI and other colleges
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
Faculty members teach assigned classes and laboratories in accordance with the College’s established policies and guidelines, assist in student advising, fulfill committee assignments, perform various institutional and community support activities, and perform responsibilities as assigned. Full-time faculty may be assigned to teach at any time on any of our campuses.
Instructors at CWI are expected to focus on mastering disciplinary content, developing and strengthening their ability to prepare and present instructional materials, and assessing student performance. Instructors are focusing on inclusive student-centered pedagogy and familiarizing themselves with the college, its resources, systems, and departmental curriculum to facilitate student success, retention, and persistence.
The position will begin the Fall semester in August 2023.
* Teach introductory chemistry, general chemistry, and organic and biochemistry lectures and labs as assigned with a preference to teach organic and biochemistry lectures and labs.
* Develop and maintain a record of teaching excellence, inclusiveness, and student-centered pedagogy to meet the unique needs of CWI’s diverse community college population.
* Focus on continuous improvement of course curriculum, content delivery, assessment,
and responsiveness to students.
* Maintain office hours.
* Assist in the development and/or revision of curriculum at the course level.
* Develop professional relationships to familiarize oneself with the college, its resources,
* Engage in service activities that support student and personal success.
* Become conversant with department/program-level initiatives.
* Understand and engage with planning and/or assessment at the department/program level.
* Work with supervisors to determine how one’s professional expertise and interests
contribute to student and personal success.
* Master’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry or a related field from an accredited institution.
* Experience teaching introductory chemistry, general chemistry, and organic chemistry lectures and labs at the post-secondary level. Organic chemistry emphasis preferred.
* Willingness to work cooperatively, communicate clearly, and be a team player.
* Ability to adapt to a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, laboratories, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology.
* Commitment to professional growth and development.
* Ability to advise students.
* Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation
* Demonstrated commitment to teaching at a community college or with adult learners
* Demonstrated service to an institution of higher learning preferred.
* Experience using online instructional technology and learning management systems to deliver courses is preferred.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
Please include a cover letter with your resume/CV.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.