We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University President’s Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Adjunct faculty teaching Geography play a role in instruction and work with full time faculty to teach a variety of courses. Using recommendations from the dean’s office and the Social Science department chair, adjunct faculty develop and deliver course content using high quality pedagogical techniques to ensure maximum student success and learning. Adjunct faculty, who choose, may involve themselves in other aspects of campus life such as: coaching and mentoring students, participating on committees, attending department meetings, professional development seminars and college convocations, and working on various projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare course syllabi that meet all contractual requirements.
- Schedule classes to meet for the allotted time on every scheduled meeting day during the semester.
- Employ effective instructional strategies that promote student learning.
- Use appropriate assessment tools to accurately measure student understanding of class subject matter.
- Monitor email communications from students and the college and respond in a timely manner.
- Provide availability outside of class to meet with and assist students.
- Meet all deadlines for submission of grades, student participation reports, student grievance responses and other administrative documentation.
- Manage a level of flexibility that holds students accountable and recognize the challenging work/school/life balance lead by many students at Massasoit.
- Work collaboratively with divisional staff.
- Provide feedback on student progress to advisement and counseling.
- Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, online or weekend positions being offered in various modalities at any instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department/division.
- Master’s degree or higher in Sociology, Geography, or closely aligned field, or a Master’s degree with an appropriate level of experience and training.
- Experience with and understanding of the community college environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Capable of maintaining academic standards with empathy and honesty.
- Knowledge of and experience using effective pedagogical strategies.
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Semester: Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
Salary: $1,132 per credit, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
A cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, email@example.com, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.