George Fox University announces two full-time, tenure-track positions in Biology, to begin in August 2021. We seek applicants with the ability to teach a broad range of Biology courses including Introductory Biology, Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology. Candidates will be expected to conduct appropriate scholarly research activities, advise Biology students, advise undergraduate research as well as other faculty responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primary teaching responsibilities involve weekly lectures and laboratory sections in Biology, Anatomy, Physiology or Microbiology for majors and non-majors courses.
• Experience with teaching anatomy using current virtual reality tools and software is highly desirable.
• Active collaboration with Biology faculty, provide program leadership and development, and student advising.
• Ability to collaborate with Chemistry, Nursing, Engineering departments and other professional programs.
• The capacity to develop and sustain an ongoing program of scholarship and research.
• Participate in the work of the department and university including university committees as needed.
• Ph.D. in Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology or another Biological field.
• Previous teaching and research experience are preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
• A record of relevant research and scholarship is essential.
• A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
• All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
• Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures – https://georgefoxfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/522794.html
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
• Letter of Interest
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Faith and learning essay*
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Concise description of research plans
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Adina McConaughey, ExecutiveAssistant, College of Engineering
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY
George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following:
In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)
About George Fox University
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.