The Biology Program at Pine Manor College invites application for a full-time, tenure track appointment to begin in August 2020 at the Assistant Professor level. The Assistant Professor’s position is responsible for growing the graduation rate of the College by promoting student success in and out of the classroom through his/her professional expertise and attitude, commitment to the College, and teaching philosophy.
We seek an engaging instructor who has the ability, training, and desire to be able to teach a broad range of courses including the gateway sequence of courses (Principles of Biology I and II), a Scientific Understanding course in the college’s general education curriculum, and a first year seminar. The applicant also may teach an upper level course in his/her field of interest or the senior seminar capstone course.
The successful candidate for this full-time position will:
- have a Ph.D. in Biology or a related field. ABD will also be considered
- demonstrate evidence of teaching effectiveness in undergraduate-level courses, preferably with a diverse group of students
- have experience with college-level teaching where each student’s development is the highest priority
- be committed to curricular and outcome-based course development and implementation with consistent assessment tools
- teach the equivalent of 12 credits each semester
- assist in undergraduate program development
- advise undergraduate students
- be motivated to enable students to develop their competency in five areas adopted by Pine Manor College: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, citizenship, and integrated and applied learning
- participate in college community service by serving on college committees and collaborating with community members across departments
- participate in professional development and scholarly activities
- stay current with college-level pedagogy
- be open to creating partnerships with off-campus community organizations
- perform other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Faculty Chair, and/or Dean of the College
Pine Manor College is a small liberal arts college in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. The College is committed to educating students from diverse ethnic, cultural, national, and economic backgrounds, with the skills to make certain they are prepared to take meaningful steps in their lives: engaging in new jobs and careers, continuing to learn, and positively contributing to their communities.
Please submit a letter of interest, a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, a current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three references to Dr. Colleen Krieser, email@example.com
Selected candidate will be subject to a personal and criminal background check prior to employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org