Glenville State College is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure track position in math education beginning as early as January 2020. Individuals with a commitment to teaching and scholarly excellence are encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will have responsibility for teaching, advising, participating in departmental and college service activities, and participating in professional development. Individuals with interest in or expertise in curriculum innovation as well as a commitment to teaching in their specialties are encouraged to apply. Expertise in instructional technology is desirable.
Examples of Duties:
The successful applicant is expected to
- Teach 12 hours of courses in mathematics/mathematics methods per semester. Courses are dependent on qualifications and background, but will include elementary and secondary mathematics methods courses and other introductory math courses (e.g. Euclidean Geometry, college algebra) as well as interfacing with public school partners to strengthen mathematics education in public schools.
- Supervise all mathematics education field placements.
- Evaluate and revise curriculum and courses for mathematics and mathematics licensure granting programs.
- Develop, implement, and engage in professional development activities related to teaching mathematics.
- Assist with departmental and program assessment, including continued national accreditation for mathematics education program (CAEP).
- Assist with student recruitment and retention.
A Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Mathematics Education or Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with Masters in Mathematics/Mathematics Education or closely related field with at least 18 graduate hours in mathematics. ABD will be considered. Experience in public school teaching is required.
All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume, copies of unofficial transcripts, and names and contact information (including phone and email addresses) for five professional references. Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/glenvilleedu/default.cfm or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of all applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Glenville State College is proud of its commitment to affirmative action. Minorities, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.