The State University of New York at New Paltz (SUNY New Paltz) Department of Computer Science, with over 200 undergraduate majors and a sizable Master’s program, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor with a start date of Fall 2020. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus and who can advise and mentor all members of our diverse student body.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field from a regionally accredited university, ABD in Computer Science or closely related discipline with a dissertation defense scheduled prior to August 31, 2020, will be considered
- A strong commitment to teaching
- An established research agenda
- Excellent communications skills
- Particular attention will be given to candidates with teaching, research, or industry experience in open source software development, cloud and web-based computing, and large scale data analytics with FPGA and GPU computing.
- An established record of scholarship in the field,
- Experience as a graduate/teaching assistant or college level instructor of one or more college courses in the field (Computer Science/closely related).
- The ability to develop and teach advanced courses in the candidate’s area of expertise and incorporate undergraduate and graduate students in research will also be recognized.
Electronic submission required. Candidate will be required to submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references. References provided will be sent a link to upload a letter of recommendation.
To apply, please visit