Typical Duties/Job Duties
The successful applicant will be expected to develop and teach an undergraduate microbiology course for pre-nursing students and other departmental service courses as assigned. The successful applicant will be expected to teach 30 hours per academic year of undergraduate level service courses (lectures and labs) in biology for majors and non-majors.
Other courses may include but are not limited to introductory biology for majors and non-majors, microbiology for biology majors, human anatomy and physiology, zoology, and botany. This may include face-to-face, on-line, and hybrid courses. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with colleagues in devising curriculum and lab activities. The applicant may also be expected to participate in departmental, college, and university level activities, advise students, and serve on departmental and university committees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong skills in communication, organization, and interpersonal communication; experience in or knowledge of microbiology and biosafety; knowledge of biology sufficient to teach and assess academically rigorous undergraduate level courses, and a desire to develop innovative learning experiences are required.
- Applicant should be dedicated to excellence in teaching and service with a strong commitment to high professional standards, both in and out of the classroom.
- Exceptional teaching skills are a must as is the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a collegial and professional manner.
- Earned M.S. in Biology or related field from an accredited institution with college level teaching experience.
- Familiarity with classroom technology, learning management systems (i.e. Blackboard), and on-line course instruction is strongly preferred. Involvement in community service and professional development is highly encouraged.
Must be able to prep and manipulate typical biology lab equipment and supplies.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.