The College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science (EMS) at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is seeking a visionary leader to serve as the Chair of the Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE) Department. We are pursuing exceptional candidates with proven leadership experience, demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate education, and a strong track record of industry, federal, or state-funded research. The CSSE department is student-focused and is known for its hands-on, experiential approach and highly sought-after graduates.
This is a tenured faculty position with a start date of August 1, 2020.
The successful candidate will:
– Provide a vision for the future of the department
– Supervise and mentor departmental faculty and staff
– Lead development of new programs, initiatives and curricular enhancements to meet the needs of current and future students and employers
– Support the department’s commitment to excellence in undergraduate education, including ABET accreditation efforts
– Develop and enhance external relationships with employers, alumni, donors and other stakeholders; seek external resources to support departmental mission
– Manage departmental budget and resources
– Work with the Dean and other College of EMS leaders to achieve College and University priorities
– PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
– Associate professor rank or higher at current institution
– Proven leadership ability and experience
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Personnel and budget management experience
– Demonstrated strength in teaching
– Record of industry, federal or state-funded research
For more information about our campus, the complete position description and how to apply, please visit our Career Center at careers.uwplatt.edu
About University of Wisconsin-Platteville
The College of Engineering, Mathematics & Science enrolls approximately 3,400 students in BS degree programs that are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET in Civil, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Mechanical, Software Engineering and Engineering Physics; and BS degrees in Mathematics, Broad Field Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Sustainability and Renewable Energy Systems. We have long-standing relationships with industrial partners throughout Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, and beyond. In addition, UW-Platteville offers an online Master of Science in Engineering program, which has been designated as a Best Buy in online education. The Master of Science offers technical emphasis in Engineering Design, Applications in Engineering Management, Control (Electrical) Systems, or Structural/Geotechnical Engineering.