Waubonsee Community College seeks a full-time, tenure-track Instructor of Mathematics, with a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence, diversity, and holistic student success, to deliver a broad range of courses within the mathematics department. Duties and expectations include but are not limited to:
- Designing lessons, activities, assignments, syllabi, and assessments to address different learning styles and to ensure that students successfully meet the course objectives and outcomes.
- Incorporating learning-centered principles and concepts that motivate students to actively participate in all
aspects of the educational experience.
- Demonstrating commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing professional growth.
- Demonstrating a leadership role in the Mathematics Department through curriculum development and assessment, student success initiatives, student advising, mentoring adjunct faculty, assessment of student learning, student clubs, and College events and committees.
- Working collaboratively with professional colleagues to serve the needs of students and community.
- Demonstrating an interdisciplinary focus on enhancing the success of diverse student populations.
- Modeling professionalism with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrating effective use of instructional and classroom technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Teaching assignments may include days, evenings, and/or weekends at four campuses throughout the college district–Sugar Grove, Aurora Downtown, Aurora Fox Valley, and Plano. Courses may be offered in various delivery modes.
- Master’s in Mathematics or Master’s in related field and 18 graduate hours in mathematics.
- Two years teaching experience in Mathematics.
- Preferred post-secondary teaching experience and experience with online and/or hybrid delivery.
About Waubonsee Community College
Founded in 1966, Waubonsee Community College is preparing learners for success in the 21st century by raising student achievement through academic quality and technological innovation. We focus on personal, experiential learning to help students adapt to the changing needs of business, industry and society. Our college emphasizes a culture of diversity and global understanding. And we are committed to the future of our students, our colleagues, our institution and our community.